[Freeciv-Dev] Re: two map related server options

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: two map related server options
From: Karen Yeats <kayeats@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:15:08 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Mike Kaufman wrote:

> my only issue with the patch is that the short discription text wraps to
> the next line with a normal width xterm. Not that big-o-deal though.

I think it is short enough now.

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Raimar Falke wrote:

> Looks good. However the term "poles" isn't describing enough. How
> about "separated poles" or similar?

I'm not sure if you were referring to the name of the internal variable or
the name of the server option or both.  I changed both to 'separatepoles'
anything longer is too long for the space it should fit in as a server
option.

I actually prefer just 'poles'.  The difference in clarity seems small and
'poles' is easier to remeber and less tedious.  However I don't feel
strongly either way.

 Men read Plato's Republic, but they do not attach it to current politics
 at any point.  When I stated that the Russian State in 1920 had ideals
 which were almost exactly those of the Republic, it was hard to say whether
 the Platonists or the Bolsheviks were the more shocked

        Bertrand Russell, On Education