[Freeciv-Dev] Disable DoS attacks on civservers

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Disable DoS attacks on civservers
From: <mojzisek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 18:42:47 +0100 (CET)

Hi there,

maybe you noticed, that in last few days several DoS attacks appeared on
civserver.freeciv.org. That attack consists in joining the server,
creating an AI player, setting option maxplayers to 1, and disconnecting.
The server was then locked for everyone.

I wrote a few lines of code disabling that attack. It is a fast hack, but
it works pretty well using trigger function on option maxplayers. A patch
is included against latest cvstree.

Please, let me know, if you accept that patch or not. Thanx for your work
on freeciv.

Sincerely
Mojza

--
Petr Mojzisek, Czech Technical University, Faculty of Nuclear Sciences
and Physical Engineering, Department of Mathematics

Jestli chcete, napiste mi cesky s ceskymi znaky v kodovani ISO-8859-2