[Freeciv-Dev] Re: generalized unit capabilities

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jason Short <vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: generalized unit capabilities
From: Andrew Sutton <ansutton@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 14:00:25 -0500

On Wednesday 05 December 2001 01:47 pm, Jason Short wrote:
> Andrew Sutton wrote:
> > people have been talking about the desire for generalized unit
> > capabilities for a while now. you yourself admitted that it was a
> > shortcoming - if not immediately, then eventually. now you say that
> > there's no benefit? this is just an additive patch. it won't affect any
> > part of the game that chooses not to use it...
> >
> > anybody else have any thoughts?
>
> I really don't know much about this topic; given that, your system seems
> much cooler than Raimar's but I don't think it's needed (yet).

thanks :) i know its not really needed yet. people have been talking about,
so i just tried to provide a semi-graceful solution that wouldn't force an
immediate massive rewrite.

> What is the purpose of this change?

uhhhh... i screwed that up. i though i needed a change, and then got the exit
values wrong when i redid it. i guess i should roll it back... how is that
done w/cvs? replace a locally modified file w/ the cvs version.

> I assume the HTML is so that doxygen can parse it.  This is not
> necessary.  IIRC a comment of the form
>
> will have a similar effect.  Read the doxygen documentation for more
> about this.

actaully the html was to make it look better on a web page. it looks crappy
in code, but its meant for export. previous version of doxygen haven't done
that. i'll update.

> Why use /** in some places and /*@ in others?  Personally, I prefer /**
> and /**<, but this is a question for the style guide (AFTER doxygen is
> adopted).

convention from work. i get confused sometimes :) the sad thing is i wrote
the doxygen style guide using **'s. i'll roll over to my own proposal.

andy