[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Reproducable core dump (PR#1051)

To: Petrus Viljoen <viljoenp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Reproducable core dump (PR#1051)
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:58:39 +0100

> If the AI are allowed to cheat it might get to a point where it is IMPOSSIBLE
> to win the AI.
As long it is so far from it as it's now...

> The AI simply needs Tactics & Diplomacy
As long as it won't have it, AI simply needs to cheat.

> Easy: AI should tend to be more diplomatic (perhaps even trade with other
> players) less aggressive.
I would also say it would focus only on one side of the game - it would tend to
be mostly only diplomatic or mostly only militarized.

> Hard: AI should tend to more aggressive  on Military, Economic & Diplomatic
> levels.

> Some simple military tactics can give it a definite military advantage over
> human players too.
Not now, as it is almost impossible to code anything into actual code.  So, as
I'm saying, it needs to cheat now. Later, when AI will be more might and
complex and smarter and everything, we can always remove that.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC
Real Users hate Real Programmers.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/