[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Borders?

To: Adammgregory@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Borders?
From: Stewart Adcock <stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:19:51 -0800

Hi,

Sorry about slow reply. I am currently phenomenally busy at the moment (new job, new home etc.), but I still intend to finish my borders patch.

Of course, I'm more than happy to allow others to hack at my code - they might have better ideas or coding skills than me.

I will clear up one misconception though:  The location of the borders are

not, in this implementation, dependent upon the location of units. However, the display of borders is not updated unless the fog-of-war would allow you to see the tile in question. The reasoning behind this is to avoid (to some extent) disclosing the location of rival cities. My ultimate plan is to allow this behaviour to be configurable through ruleset/server options.

Stewart.
Stewart Adcock   stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   www.stewart-adcock.co.uk
Dept. Chemistry & Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego
4234 Urey Hall, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093-0365 USA
lab: +1 858 534 0956 home: +1 858 453 2577