[Freeciv-Dev] Re: bug in mapgen (PR#1043)

To: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: bug in mapgen (PR#1043)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 16:30:12 +0100

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 05:23:12PM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 07:45:03PM -0500, Ross W. Wetmore wrote:
> > I would delete the lines. I don't think they are actually used after
> > this point, but I didn't do an exhaustive check. Create_island() resets
> > them each time, and when you leave at this point you aren't looping
> > back to place_island().
>
> Ack.
>
> > Since they are (badly named) globals anybody could access them, but it
> > isn't really likely.
>
> Ack.
>
> What about the attached patch?

Ok here is a new one. It now encapsulates the globals in a
struct. This patch is only "cosmetic" except this section:
-  s += yo - n;
-  e += xo - w;
-  n = yo;
-  w = xo;
+  }
+  assert(i);

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  This customer comes into the computer store. "I'm looking for a mystery