[Freeciv-Dev] Re: bug in mapgen (PR#1043)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: bug in mapgen (PR#1043)
From: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 21:16:09 -0800 (PST)

½²«íµØ wrote:

> With reference to
> http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-200101/msg00701.html,
> the problem is rand_map_pos() gives random spots in all
> the regions A, B, C, and D.
> If you chop off s and e, (s will never overflow since you can't place
> island there) the area will be left as grassland (I think).

Yeah, chopping off s and e looks like it will work but probably isn't
the ideal solution.  That would effectively prevent islands from
wrapping, which someone says might be intentional in the thread you
reference.

The current situation does wrap, I think.  If an island flows off the
edge of the screen the data just overflows.  This effectively wraps the
X value while increasing the Y value by 1.  But, I haven't looked at
this too deeply so I could be wrong.

jason