[Freeciv-Dev] Re: non-smallpox idea

To: Greg Wooledge <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: non-smallpox idea
From: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:52:07 -0500 (EST)

Just another thought, ths one probably changes gameplay too much, but what
gov't has ever realy controlled what was researched?  Maybe you should get
points toward available technologies from what you have.  For example:

Roads           Horseback Riding, The Wheel
Large Cities    Code of Laws, Monarchy, Republic  //This should anti-pox
                                                  //nicely
Barracks        Warrior Code
Mines           Bronze & Iron Working
Irrigation      Feudalism, Pottery
etc.

Of course, you still would need the pre-requisites, but instead of just
pushing research and counting turns, your nation would shape what tech you
got.

Just some thoughts,

--Daniel Speyer
"May the /src be with you, always"