[Freeciv-Dev] Re: an idea concerning the graphics

To: Sheean Spoel <sheean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: an idea concerning the graphics
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 19:24:26 +0100

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 03:37:02PM +0200, Sheean Spoel wrote:
> Freeciv devolpment team,
>
> I REALLY like your game but I've got some idea's on how to improvie it:
>
> 1. How's about the idea that players can select their own look

May be possible if some graphics are available.

> , or upload their own face or something to the server so that
> diplomatic discussions looks much better..?

Possible.

> 2. Also, how's about the idea to implent something in the game that
> allows that the titleset etc... changes by time, for example you begin
> in an world eveything is HUGE (couse you don't travel at such an high
> speed, and you don't see that much), and eventually you get an tileset
> of wich everything is MUCH smaller (so, you get an better view)..

More or less impossible without MAJOR work.

> 3. Also that the units change by time, in the beginning an settler looks
> like an bunch of cavemans, and later it looks like Roman people or
> something and more later it looks like US settlers, but without
> inmediatly the need to upgrade everything... or the change of the specs.

Possible. Needs also extra graphics.

> 4. And hows about the idea of an international press implented in the
> game, I know this would be very difficult but it would defintly be
> interessting that when you are in war with somebody and you don't know
> much about him that the press can answer a few of you questions.

Possible. Need text components. I think the value for the player is
low, too low.

> furthermore.. I would LLLOOOVVEE to help..
>

> I can help with graphics (just call and I'll create it)

If you can draw, you may be think about a new nicer isometric
tileset. The current one is IMHO ugly. Such work will be very much
appreciated.

> And with writing text (like something for the civilopedia)

Writing larger help texts is also ok, as long as they are from you
(copyright).

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  reality.sys corrupt. Reboot Universe? (y,n,q)