[Freeciv-Dev] Re: an idea concerning the graphics

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Sheean Spoel <sheean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: an idea concerning the graphics
From: Bert Buchholz <bertbuchholz@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 23:05:52 +0100

On Sun 28.10 19:24, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 03:37:02PM +0200, Sheean Spoel wrote:
> > 2. Also, how's about the idea to implent something in the game that
> > allows that the titleset etc... changes by time, for example you begin
> > in an world eveything is HUGE (couse you don't travel at such an high
> > speed, and you don't see that much), and eventually you get an tileset
> > of wich everything is MUCH smaller (so, you get an better view)..
> More or less impossible without MAJOR work.

Hmm, as far as I understand his idea, he simply means a zoom-function.

Isn't this what was just recently implemented in TeamCiv? I'm not sure
if it was TeamCiv, but there were some screenshots of a zoomed-out
trident-tileset, I think this looked rather nice and really gave you a
better overview.

Bert