[Freeciv-Dev] Re: here a pre-new_city_dialog ver 14

To: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: here a pre-new_city_dialog ver 14
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 08:59:57 +0200

On 2001-10-24 20:17:53, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> attached is what I would put out for ver 14
> take a look, add anything that needs to be done, and release it when you
> get the chance.

Only thing I can think of is if one should require Alt/Meta for the
switch tab accelerators... I don't think this should be so though...

> Things I did:
> fixed the misc settings commit problem, but you should test this

Seems to work fine...

> applied your accel patch (cleanly)
>   --BTW - this has the consequence of making you press alt-n|p for the
>     next and prev buttons. I know this was the intent, but did you check
>     out how annoying this really is?

Well, I tried but I didn't really consider it...
Actually, I probably would prefer to just skipp the Alt/Meta requirement
for all buttons... Everything would still work if you hold Alt/Meta down
do that's no problem...

Is there any other problem?
(If people don't want this by default I'd like to make it an option)

Actually, I'm gonna put ver 14 without Alt/Meta up and you people try it
out...

Here it is:
http://www.acc.umu.se/~deepone/freeciv/new_city_dialog14.diff.gz

> updated a couple of comments
> a "fix" for the gtk_line_wrap in happiness. we'll see...
>   -- I still need to check on a couple of things here, but it shouldn't
>      stop a possible cvs inclusion (like eg. a city with overlapping
>      citizen pixmaps: the dialog can be reduced in size. probably
>      shouldn't happen)

Looks good...

> tweaked the growth label so that the overview and happiness info is
> synced.

Great...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)