[Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: check_map_pos

To: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: check_map_pos
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:48:55 +0200

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 05:44:53AM +0100, Gaute B Strokkenes wrote:

Reply to the last 4 or 5 emails:

I think that:
 - crashing in a release version is acceptable
 - the primary check should be in map_inx. There _may_ be extra checks
 needed on other places (same_pos, client packet receiving). However
 here we have to balance cost vs benefit.
 - much more important is this one known open issue: control.c:1033

We should come to a solution. Such a solution can be lightweight
because we expect no big amount of remaining bugs. We can easily add
more checks if this assumption is wrong.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "On the eigth day, God started debugging"