[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] CMA 2.6 Regarding previous version

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] CMA 2.6 Regarding previous version
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 04:34:00 -0700 (PDT)

--- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Changes since 2.5:
>  - made more robust
>  - fix stupid bug wrt to reconnect
>  - silenced all
>
> Since I haven't got any bug report (well no feedback at all) for 2.5 I
> consider it ready ;).

The user interface for 2.5 could be improved. Currently we have far too many
options on the left side of the screen, i.e

max food,trade, prod
max trade,food, prod
max prod,trade, food

It might be better to replace these elements with 3 drop down boxes. In fact
perhaps the entire left hand side options could be replaced if the boxes have
nothing as an option so for example

Box 1 food Box2 trade Box3 nothing

The above example would result in max food, max trade

All boxes give you four options, max food, trade,prod, or nothing, so with
these
three boxes you could replace the entire left hand side. Comments?

The sliders for the surplus needs are good, but the ability to make a surplus
an arbitrary negative is not necessary. I believe any negative no just means
that
it no longer functions as a constraint, right?

Keep up the good work, it's nice to see the CMA coming along.

 So if there are no objections, bug reports,