[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] CMA 2.6 Regarding previous version

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] CMA 2.6 Regarding previous version
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:45:01 +0200

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 04:34:00AM -0700, Raahul Kumar wrote:

> --- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Changes since 2.5:
> >  - made more robust
> >  - fix stupid bug wrt to reconnect
> >  - silenced all
> >
> > Since I haven't got any bug report (well no feedback at all) for 2.5 I
> > consider it ready ;).
>
> The user interface for 2.5 could be improved. Currently we have far too many
> options on the left side of the screen, i.e
>
> max food,trade, prod
> max trade,food, prod
> max prod,trade, food
>
> It might be better to replace these elements with 3 drop down boxes. In fact
> perhaps the entire left hand side options could be replaced if the boxes have
> nothing as an option so for example
>
> Box 1 food Box2 trade Box3 nothing
>
> The above example would result in max food, max trade
>
> All boxes give you four options, max food, trade,prod, or nothing, so with
> these
> three boxes you could replace the entire left hand side. Comments?

There are 6 attributes (food, prod, trade, science, gold, luxury). So
there would be 6 boxes with 6 elements on the dropdown list. So I
think this is not a good idea.

What would be a good idea IMHO is to let the user create/modify the
preset values.

> The sliders for the surplus needs are good, but the ability to make
> a surplus an arbitrary negative is not necessary.

I know but I don't know a way to wrap the slider, so that you have "no
limit",0,1,...,25.

> I believe any negative no just means that it no longer functions as
> a constraint, right?

Mhh this is double negation. There is no special handling for negative
values. A value of -1 means that any solution which has -2 or less
will be discarded.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Two OS engineers facing a petri net chart: