[Freeciv-Dev] Re: More maintainers please!!! (was: Re: Core is_tiles_adj

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: More maintainers please!!! (was: Re: Core is_tiles_adjacent)
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 21:08:15 +0100

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>  --- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> what is the policy concerning
>
>   if (true) return;
> or
>   if (true)
>     return;
> or
>   if (true) {
>     return;
>   }
>
> ??

You don't want to use the first one.  Reason: You can't put a
breakpoint on the consequence when debugging.  (It also makes it
harder to scan through a piece of code quickly and see where all the
return, break, continue and so on statements are.)

As for the second two, there are lots of instances of both, and I
doubt anyone really cares.

> Still right now if you write a patch there is nobody active enough
> who can review and commit it.  There was Gaute but he is studying
> now (algebraic topology, pah! who needs algebraic topology).

Algebraic Geometry, actually.

I expect to be more active during the vacations (which is more often
than you would think).

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
Did I say I was a sardine?  Or a bus???