[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Fortress with enhanced vision (watchtower-like

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Fortress with enhanced vision (watchtower-like)
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 14:50:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001, Bert Buchholz wrote:

> Yes, I'm very aware of that. For debug-purposes, I'm thinking of putting
> in some function into the client's tile-draw-methods, that prints the
> value of player_tile.seen onto the map. This way it would be easy to
> find errors made while moving units through fortresses. Even though I'm
> not 100% sure about how player_tile.own_seen and player_tile.seen
> differ, but I'll find out. :-)

I'd like to echo this. It took me way too much time to (almost) figure out
what was going on with the vision thing in terms of the player_tile
struct. It'd be nice if someone knowlegdeable wrote a nice extensive
comment about how these variables change with regards to units, alliances,
etc.

I can't really start to work on alliances in civworld without this kind of
explanation.

-mike