[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [bug cvs] I want my city walls back ! (improvement_re

To: Sebastian Bauer <sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [bug cvs] I want my city walls back ! (improvement_redundant buggy) (PR#906) - please read
From: Francois Taiani <francois.taiani@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 23:00:27 +0200

> > From this I understand that proper city walls should be allowed all the
> > time, so that users can prepare for the obsoletion and don't suddenly get
> > vulnerable.
>
> Hmm...but this is no problem now as this requires only a small change in the
> ruleset :)

Oh yes ! Then please, make the change :-)

> How is this handed in civ2? The Freeciv rules of course can differ but I
> think the civ2 ruleset should do exactly the same as civ2.

If I remember well, the effect of the great wall was simply totally
different in civ2 (it prevented others from attacking you). So you could
still build city walls even with the great wall. Anyone to confirm that
?

And thanks for the patch ! Excepted for the missing dot, it worked
perfectly.

Francois