[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Sound patches please add to CVS

To: David Weisgerber <tnt@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Sound patches please add to CVS
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 17:20:39 +0200

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 04:59:58PM -0400, David Weisgerber wrote:

> > > There are no problems with unit moving sounds, I was able to implement
> > > this to packhand.c
> >
> > Hier kannst du aber nicht unterscheiden, ob der Move nun sichtbar ist,
> > oder nicht. Und die Computergegener ziehen viel am Zuganfang.
> >

> Bei mir kommen eigentlich nur pakete für sichtbare einheiten...
> wie auch immer, ich schau zu das ich das in die gui-files integriere...

You get packets for tiles which are unfogged. However the map canvas
will only display a part of the whole map. There isn't a problem for
the move since the canvas is centered for the moving unit. But there
is no centering for example for SOUND_IMPROVEMENT_BUILT.

You should really think about the list of sound and decide which can
be played (SOUND_IMPROVEMENT_BOUGHT if you clicked the button and the
server acknowledged the action) and which are irritating
(SOUND_CITY_GROWTH at the start of the turn).

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx