[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Submit patch again?

To: "Zverina, David" <David.Zverina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "'freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Submit patch again?
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 17:06:48 +0200

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 02:10:09PM +0100, Zverina, David wrote:
> All this talk of patches reminds of a feature that exists in civ2 that I
> would really like to see in freeciv (with usual improvements of course :)
>
> As far as I can recall in civ and civ2 in the military report you were able
> to see losses received/inflicted broken down by unit type. Has anyone
> produced anything like this? Ultimately I would imagine it as a 3D structure
> with playerlist in two dimensions (reciver/inflicter) and unit type. However
> two 2D views may be a good start. (Player losses versus unit type, player
> wins versus unit type)

So a structure like:
 player (attacker) x
 player (defender) x
 unit type (attacking unit) x
 unit type (defening unit) x
 int (number of wins) x
 int (number of defeats)
is needed?

It looks to me like this can be implemented in a straight forward (new
packet, book keeping on the server, savegame expansion, extra dialog
for the client) way.

> civscore.log type output for analysis by external programs would be quite
> suitable although ultimate goal may include displaying the data directly in
> freeciv.
>
> Is anyone working on anything like this? Would this be a suitable patch?

Nothing I know about.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  (On the statement print "42 monkeys"+"1 snake"): BTW, both perl and Python