[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Submit patch again?

To: bertbuchholz@xxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Submit patch again?
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 18:22:52 -0400

Hi Bert,

Please don't be offended when a patch doesn't get much response from the maintainers and others on the list. There could be many reasons for the lack of response. There might be a lack of interest, or people are simply too busy with other things at the moment. If it is something you are really interested in, don't get discouraged, but simply try raising the issue again by starting a discussion. Patience and persistence will go a long way towards getting your ideas and patches accepted.

I think you should know that Freeciv can always use more help from anyone, and you are certainly very welcome to contribute. However, you should also realize that it takes time to make significant changes to the code, and the final decision is made by the maintainers, based on consensus among the developers. Often times it simply means the idea or patch needs more work. Don't give up so easily. Believe me, we don't want to lose you.

Cheer up.  And happy coding.

Mike