[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Submit patch again?

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Bert Buchholz <bertbuchholz@xxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Submit patch again?
From: Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 00:04:05 +0200 (CEST)

> Ok, sorry, I was too rough. The core was: You were trying to change
> something at the heart of the server, which would be too big a
> mouthfull for a first patch. This was my assesment when I first saw
> your patch. This is supported by the fact that the patch contained
> bugs. (Which is perfectly understandable, bugs happen to the best
> programmers when trying to make big changes.)

Actualy I made the same experience. I submited several patches in
the past which were either ignored or at first wanted and then
turned down with some "I will do that by myself when I have the
time for it" reason. This is quite frustrating and gives me the
impression that I am more or less wasting my time. No offense
meant, but I wont submit any further patches to the official
freeciv project. I will continue to maintain our local mod and
make a few notices what I did. I will put the diffs on a web
page so whoever wants them can try them out - or let it be.

I know how you feel Ben. Actualy, I liked your idea pretty much.

Ingo

--

Karl-Ingo Friese
kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx