[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Submit patch again?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Submit patch again?
From: Bert Buchholz <bertbuchholz@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 23:49:38 +0200

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 11:17:35PM +0200, Thue wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 August 2001 23:12, Bert Buchholz wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 10:42:27PM +0200, Thue wrote:
> > > Now you ask...
> >
> > Hmm, what's that supposed to mean?
>
> [...]
>
> > So again, that sounds to me as if it wouldn't make much sense for me
> > to keep working on that watchtower-thingy. That's what you wanna say?
> > If so, then tell me, so that I won't waste more time on this issue,
> > if it won't lead anywhere.
> >
> > Bert
>
> Yes, that was the explanation to "Now you ask...". Because I didn't
> think you would like it. But that was my thoughts. But no offense
> meant. You did ask. :)

Excuse me, but don't you think, that it's just me myself who could
decide if I liked it or not. How do you wanna know that? How can you
know, how open I am for changes? No offense meant as well, but how can
you write _this_ without knowing me? If you think, I'm a bad programmer,
then say that. Or if you think I don't have what it takes to code for
freeciv (what ever that would be), then SAY THAT! But please, no excuses
like "I didn't think you would like it". Because not being honest with
me, that's an offense, and that's something, that can drive me nuts!

It's okay for me to let this freeciv-idea fall, but not when I'm (or the
patch is) rejected with such argumentation. Sorry, but I think that's
ridiculous.

But maybe, this is nothing about me, maybe you just don't want any more
people involved in freeciv (for whatever reason). I don't know, and I'm
starting to loose interest to know :-(

Bert