Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Cleaning up configure.in

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Cleaning up configure.in
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 22:59:19 +0200

In the quest to make autoconf 2.50 work I have replaced the use of
FC_CHECK_X_LIB with AC_CHECK_LIB.
It looks as if they were doing some tricks to get a specific order of libs to
the linker, but naively using AC_CHECK_LIB seems to work fine.

People should consider testing this. It works for me :).

Note that this part of the code is very, very old, so there is not
neccesarily a higher mening with it. :)

-Thue