Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Religions in freeciv?

To: Daniel Speyer <Daniel_Speyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Religions in freeciv?
From: Grzegorz Borowiak <grzes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:09:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Daniel Speyer wrote:

> Robotics              Church of Emacs 0 fogofwar              What?!?! You
> say emacs doesn't find
> enemy armies?!?!? Blasphemer!!!!!!!!

:-)

I think robotics aren't good idea for prerequiste. It's better to
introduce a new civilization advance named "Emacs" which requires
Computers and Writing. Emacs would allow Church of Emacs.

> University(?)         Islam                   gives embassy w/ Jew +
> Christian        Tradition of
> religious tolerance
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^????????????????????????
Have You heard about Afganistan or Iran?

Again. Intolerance is not a property of certain religions, but is a
property of fanatism. Today christian countries are rather tolerant and
muslim aren't, but in middle ages muslim were and christian weren't. Also
conflict with scolars in present world is characteristic for muslims
rather than for christians, but in middle ages there was otherwise.

grzes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                         (_)
http://gnu.univ.gda.pl/~grzes/
'Obywatelu! Czarna flaga w dniu dzisiejszym oznacza calkowity zakaz kapieli...'