Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Religions in freeciv?

To: KORONCZAY David <fu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Religions in freeciv?
From: Grzegorz Borowiak <grzes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 16:46:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, KORONCZAY David wrote:

> - under christianity, higher income would be possible
> (representing the popes' wealth and power)
> on the other hand, science would receive penalties,
> (representing the church's conflict with scholars)
> higher birth rates? (maybe by higher food production)
> or that could be saved for the mormons?

Note that the most advanced countries in real world are christian ones.
And rather islam fundamentalists are those who discourage science. In
middle ages there was reverse situation. Christian Europe fell into mental
darkness, while Arabs had universities and scientists. I think that this
is not a certain religion what inhibits the science, but just
fundamentalism and theocracy. Today's muslim Jihad is like medieval
catholic crusades.

In payciv2 there is such a government as 'fundamentalism'. I would
implement government type named 'fundamentalism' which would be like
monarchy but:

- all units have 50% bonus in attack
- science prod is halved by 50%

grzes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                         (_)