Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Terrible bug (PR#748)

To: Leandro Noferini <leandro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: FreeCiv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Terrible bug (PR#748)
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 20:54:09 +0200

On Saturday 21 April 2001 16:00, Leandro Noferini wrote:
>     >> And this for the server
>
> (........)
>
>     Thue> The address out of bounds is return from a gettext call. Try
>     Thue> giving configure the argument "--with-included-gettext".
>
> Nothing changed! :-(((
>
> "Segfault come piovesse"! (1)
>
>     Thue> If that doesn't work you might want to try "--disable-nls"
>
> This worked for me but I need to solve this problem because I am one
> of the italian translator of freeciv! :-(((
>
> http://www.freeciv.it
>
> (1): don't try to translate this because it's slang from Florence!
>    Literally it is: segfault like it is raining, something like always
>    and only segfault!
>
>    :-)))

Try compiling normally and "export LANG=en_US", and see if it runs.

If that works is probably a libc6 2.2 issue. I had some trouble with that as
well. My problem was that libc6 doesn't handle upper ascii characters when
LANG was set to "C". It is possible that your problem is that the freeciv
locale "it" is not recognized either (the official one is probably something
like it_IT).
There must be someone on this mailing list who is more qualified than me at
solving this one :).

-Thue