Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Terrible bug (PR#748)

To: FreeCiv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Terrible bug (PR#748)
From: Greg Wooledge <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 19:07:43 -0400

Cameron Morland (cjmorlan@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> La 2001-04-18, Leandro Noferini skribis:

> > segfault error. Everything was right before the upgrade of my
> > distribuition from potato to woody.

> Looks to me like a bug with gtk, which is not entirely unexpected with
> Debian-unstable.

For what it's worth, woody isn't "unstable" any more (as of about
December).  Woody is now "testing", and sid is "unstable".  Debian changed
the way freezes will be done, in hopes of decreasing the amount of time
and work needed during a freeze.

For Leandro, I suggest the following:

  make distclean
  rm -f config.cache
  ./configure

Freeciv works well for me under Debian unstable (sid), so I don't think
it's a gtk package issue.  (As long as you're not using the Helix/Ximian
versions of libgtk, which are known to be problematic.)

ii  libgtk1.2-dev  1.2.10-1       Development files for the GIMP Toolkit
ii  libc6-dev      2.2.2-4        GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Hea
ii  xlibs-dev      4.0.2-11       X Window System client library development f
ii  gcc            2.95.3-7       The GNU C compiler.
ii  gcc-2.95       2.95.4-0.01040 The GNU C compiler.

(See, I'm not even fully up to date on unstable... I'm 2 versions behind
on xlibs-dev.... ;-) )

greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |