Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Terrible bug (PR#748)

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: FreeCiv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Terrible bug (PR#748)
From: Leandro Noferini <leandro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19 Apr 2001 02:50:54 +0200

    >> Looks to me like a bug with gtk, which is not entirely
    >> unexpected with Debian-unstable. I'd try using the xaw client,
    >> which can be selected with
    >>
    >> ./configure --enable-client=xaw
    >>
    >> You'll need some xpm development libraries.

    Thue> ./configure --with-xaw3d is a better idea!

I tried with xaw and xaw3d but the result was the same! :-((((

    Thue> freeciv (both CVS and 1.11.4) works for me on debian.  Maybe
    Thue> it was compiled against some old libraries and freeciv needs
    Thue> to be recompiled?

Alway recompiled - the package for freeciv doesn't exist for woody :-((((

    Thue> You might want to make a backtrace from the core file.

I don't know quite anything about things like backtrace and core file:
I know only ./configure --options-I-try, make and make install...

Can you help me to understand what I should do?

--
Ciao
leandro