Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: WISHLIST: Goto cursor shows movecost (PR#717)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: WISHLIST: Goto cursor shows movecost (PR#717)
From: Patrice LaFlamme <ewd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 07:34:01 -0500

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 04:29:01PM +1100 or thereabouts, dnh wrote:
> > I once talked to thue about it, he said something about randomness (like
> > when you have
> > 2/3 moves left, you have 66% chance of actually moving over the terrain).
> >
> > but I guess it can be fudged a little and give an 'estimate' it'd be nice :)
>
> No NO. Wouldn't you just want to show the fastest route? I wouldn't worry

and.. the fastest route IS an estimate :)

> about the green and yellow for now. The most important part what you want
> is just a line that shows the AIs prefered route. This could also work by

the AI's preferred route? I thought we were talking about number of turns
shown on the goto line...

> having a blue line when there is a nearby sentried boat that can be used
> to cross.
> I think that would be a truley useful feature because for such things as
> attacks etc. Something like shift click if you want to follow the blue
> line =). Would make moving troops across the globe much much easier.

getting more and more complex...

> Further thought, you could even employ the same idea for Automated
> settlers and Xploring units.

... and I don't understand what you mean... you're straying very far from the
goto line it seems :)

Patrix.

PS: dnh, here's your medal I promised you on #freeciv:

 /---\
| RTP |
 \---/

(ok so i suck at ascii art...)