Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: FreeCIV For OpenVMS...

To: Robert Alan Byer <byer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: FreeCIV For OpenVMS...
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06 Mar 2001 11:15:52 +0000

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, byer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>>> I have uploaded a large diff file named "openvms_freecif.diff"
>>> that includes updated compile scripts, minor code changes to make
>>> the current snapshot work under OpenVMS.
>>
>>For some reason, it appears that every newline character has
>>"doubled", i.e. there are two newlines where you would expect one.
>>(I checked, and it's actually two newlines, not a CR/LF pair.)
>>

> I was afraid that would happen to the ASCII file.
>
> I TAR'd it up and uploaded it to the "incoming" directory as
> "openvms_freeciv_diff.tar"
>
> Let me know if there is a problem with it and I'll work something
> else out.

Sorry, still broken.  Are you uploading this in ASCII mode, or
something?  Try an explicit BINARY command (if ftp under VMS works
anything like under unix...)

Anyway, I did M-x replace-string ^Q^J^Q^J ^Q^J RET in emacs on the
file and uploaded the results as openvms_freeciv2.diff .  I haven't
looked at the result yet, though.

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
Yow!  Is this sexual intercourse yet??  Is it, huh, is it??