Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: comments on ics solutions

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: comments on ics solutions
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:13:16 -0500

Michael Kiermaier <stud8707@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]
mike jing's "persuit of happiness"-solution is a good idea how to give the happiness-related parts of the game more importance. but i think that it is way to restrictive in its present form, because it makes expansion over a certain number of cities nearly impossible. furthermore it does not adress the real reasons for ics. [snip]

Well, I just want to say that I did try to do that, and I found out it was easier said than done.

[snip]
i did not say that all cities must be grown to big ones. every player has the possibility to found cities in an area with limited food. and always keep in mind: a freeciv city does not represent a single city, but a whole area of cities and towns.
[snip]

Amen to that. And on that ground, I would argue that most cities, if not all, are meant to be grown into big ones.

But that's just me.

Mike