Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI doesn't remember what it is doing (PR#710)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI doesn't remember what it is doing (PR#710)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 03:11:11 +0100

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 11:43:39PM +0100, Thue wrote:

> It can found severel cities at the same time. When it founded the first city
> it just discovered that it had a new city that needed terrain improvements.
> It then estimated that terrain improvements would be more usefull than a new
> city and ditched building the second city.
> Could be smarter, sure, but not that bran dead.

Well, I know units don't take each others' actions into account at all
but watching the AI I often wonder if the distance from the unit to the
target activity is counted as an extra penalty at all.  But it is,
at least in auto_settler_findwork():

  http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/settlers.c?v=cvs#L912

Perhaps the heuristics should be changed.

--
Reinier