Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI doesn't remember what it is doing (PR#710)

To: sigra@xxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI doesn't remember what it is doing (PR#710)
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 23:43:39 +0100

On Wednesday 28 February 2001 17:05, sigra@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Version: Current CVS
>
> In an AI-game I observed some behaviour that looked strange. The AI player
> sent out 2 engineers into the wild to found cities on opposite sides of
> it's empire. The 2 engineers seemd to reach their destinations at the same
> time. When one of them had founded a city the second engineer changed it's
> mind and went back into the empire, went through it all the way to the
> newfounded city just to fill every square around it with roads.
>
> If this is how the AI behaves, it means it can only found 1 city at a time.
> A big disadvantage.

It can found severel cities at the same time. When it founded the first city
it just discovered that it had a new city that needed terrain improvements.
It then estimated that terrain improvements would be more usefull than a new
city and ditched building the second city.
Could be smarter, sure, but not that bran dead.

-Thue