Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Non-smallpox ruleset (Minimum distance between cities

To: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Non-smallpox ruleset (Minimum distance between cities to 3 or 4)
From: Niels Weber <nath@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 10:08:11 +0100

Paul Zastoupil wrote:

I am still looking for more comments on my idea of reducing size 1 cities
to 0 science and size 2 to 0.5.  Knowing this will slow down the game
the research speed could be adjusted.  This would encourage people
to have cities of at least size 4...

It is also more realistic.  Most research has been in well populated
areas because of communication.

I agree with you. Perhaps it's not even necessary to adjust the research speed as nowadays research is to fast (compared to reality).

Niels