[Freeciv-Dev] Re: win32 server

To: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Dirk Stoecker <stoecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: win32 server
From: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 20:18:38 +0100 (CET)

Gaute B Strokkenes writes:
 > On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
 >
 > > I don't mean resubmitting the intl stuff. I mean resubmitting the
 > > other stuff (like autoconf/networking changes).  So you can see what
 > > autoconf stuff is already done.
 >
 > I don't think that the gettext() stuff should delays the integration
 > of windows support either.  Just disable NLS under windows for now,
 > and then we can argue about this later.
./configure --disable-nls --enable-client=no
make
works.

 > > BTW: What platforms need the intl dir? Some commercial unixes?
 >
 > The intl directory contains GNU gettext.  It provides gettext() and
 > friends in case your c library doesn't.  However, it's a bit
 > posix-specific (as you've probably found out).
I know what's in that dir. I have seen it in many other GNU
applications (e.g. glibc). I'm only curious what freeciv ports actually use it.

Ok, here is the other stuff. Should I submit the client stuff, which
is already ported, too and submit the rest later.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade