[Freeciv-Dev] Re: happiness display (was: cleanup -- client/gui-gtk/city

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: happiness display (was: cleanup -- client/gui-gtk/citydlg.
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 10:44:58 -0500

Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It is essential, IMO, because of the detailed breakdown: the five
different values that go into making the aggregate happiness for a city. Civ2 allowed you to view these details -- Freeciv does not
(yet).

Well, that's exactly why I am trying to add a way to show it.

Cluttering up the already overburdened City dialog seems a poor choice. A modeless Attitude Advisor seems to me much better.

I think there might be a little misunderstanding here. I intend to add a button to the City dialog that will pop up another dialog which will display the detailed breakdown, so it really won't clutter up the City dialog except for the extra button. And I believe you should be able do this in the City dialog as in Civ2.

If the sole purpose of the Attitude advisor is to show the citizen line and happiness breakdown, then it will not be essential once I add this dialog beacsue all that information will be easily available elsewhere. So I respectfully disagree.

Mike