[Freeciv-Dev] Re: happiness display (was: cleanup -- client/gui-gtk/cit

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: happiness display (was: cleanup -- client/gui-gtk/citydlg.c)
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 10:09:22 -0500

At 2001/01/06 09:59 , Mike Jing wrote:
>Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>At 2001/01/04 16:06 , Mike Jing wrote:
>> >I am planning to add a happiness display to the city dialog,
>>[snip]
>>
>>I always thought this would be best implemented as a separate dialog,
>>the "Attitude Advisor", which would show the "citizen line" for all cities
>>in a pane at the top.  Selecting one the cities would show the
>>detailed breakdown of happiness in a pane at the bottom.
>
>Also, there is already an equivalent for the "citizen line" in numerical
>form (Workers/Special) in the Cities dialog (F1), so the "Attitude Advisor"
>isn't really all that essential, IMHO.

It is essential, IMO, because of the detailed breakdown: the five different
values that go into making the aggregate happiness for a city.  Civ2
allowed you to view these details -- Freeciv does not (yet).

Cluttering up the already overburdened City dialog seems a poor choice.  A
modeless Attitude Advisor seems to me much better.

jjm