[Freeciv-Dev] Re: happiness display (was: cleanup -- client/gui-gtk/city

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: happiness display (was: cleanup -- client/gui-gtk/citydlg.c)
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 09:50:53 -0500

Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

At 2001/01/04 16:06 , Mike Jing wrote:
>I am planning to add a happiness display to the city dialog,
[snip]

I always thought this would be best implemented as a separate dialog,
the "Attitude Advisor", which would show the "citizen line" for all cities in a pane at the top. Selecting one the cities would show the
detailed breakdown of happiness in a pane at the bottom.

That certainly would be nice. On the other hand, it might be useful to be able to access this infomation in the city dialog as well, as in Civ2.

The reason why I am quite eager to put it in is because I would like to play with higher unhappiness settings, and for it to gain more acceptance it would be nice for the player to be able to see where all those unhappy citizens come from. it is not anything fancy, but should do the job at least for now.

Mike