Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Multiple units killed in one attack (PR#619)

To: rigelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Multiple units killed in one attack (PR#619)
From: Martin Olveyra <bj0v@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 03:46:44 -0300

On Fri, 08 Dec 2000, rigelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Full_Name: Rigel Freden
> Version: 1.11.4
> Client: Gtk+
> OS: RedHat Linux 7.0
> Submission from: (NULL) (134.250.30.228)
>

> I've encountered a problem recently.  I'm not sure if it's a feature.  Say
> I have a dozen (actually once I had 32) units all parked on one square
> outside an enemy city.  Say, moreover, that they are all howitzers.  Again,
> theorize that the enemy attacks me.  There is only one contest and all the
> units are wiped out.  In old versions of freeciv this was not the case, and
> I think it should not be in this one.  It seems that this works in any
> similar case.  If one of those howitzers is a mech inf, the contest between
> the enemy and my units will be between the mech inf (because it has a higher
> defense) but if it loses, they all do.
>               Thanks
>                       Rigel Freden

Yes, this is a game feature. Some time ago I sent a series of patch that
enables/disables this feature (among other things). It has not been included in
the cvs version, but, if you are interested, you can find my patch in the
mailing list archive, september/october, with the title "customizable combat
rules"