Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Multiple units killed in one attack (PR#619)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Multiple units killed in one attack (PR#619)
From: rigelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 08:58:51 -0800 (PST)

Full_Name: Rigel Freden
Version: 1.11.4
Client: Gtk+
OS: RedHat Linux 7.0
Submission from: (NULL) (134.250.30.228)

I've encountered a problem recently.  I'm not sure if it's a feature.  Say
I have a dozen (actually once I had 32) units all parked on one square
outside an enemy city.  Say, moreover, that they are all howitzers.  Again,
theorize that the enemy attacks me.  There is only one contest and all the
units are wiped out.  In old versions of freeciv this was not the case, and
I think it should not be in this one.  It seems that this works in any
similar case.  If one of those howitzers is a mech inf, the contest between
the enemy and my units will be between the mech inf (because it has a higher
defense) but if it loses, they all do.
                Thanks
                        Rigel Freden