Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion: Barbarians

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion: Barbarians
From: Dmitriy Genzel <dg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 17:51:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi, all.

I think it would be nice if barbarians turned into real
(AI-controlled) nations a couple of turns (5-10?) after capturing a city.
I think this would be far more realistic, as real "barbarians" tend to
become "civilized" and settle down over time.

This leaves a problem of determining what techs former barbarians get.
Perhaps they should get all (or almost all) the techs the former owner of
the city had at the moment of capture. This may not be very realistic,
though.

Also, while they are barbarians, it would make sense if they got some
special bonus in producing lots of military units in their cities. Perhaps
this could be implemented as a different "government".

Dmitriy