Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: TODO

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: TODO
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:48:55 +0200

> I wonder if "NIH" is refusing to use his code; anyway, here is a revised
> version using Trent's algoritm. (though I couldn't make his version work)
>
> -Thue

Umm, use this version instead.
And before Trent goes raving that his version already was perfect, he should
try pitting a unit with 1power, 2hp, 2fp against one with 1power, 1hp, 1fp in
his
own version.
And he should wonder why his code is rejected so often that he has learned to
start a code submission by saying that everybody always NIH's his code. Hint: it
is not because it is perfect and readable.

-Thue