Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: TODO

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: TODO
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 21:47:36 +0200

> > +- Create a function that gives a statistically excact value for a units
> > +  chance of winning a battle.
>
> I wrote a perl version once:
>   http://www.mso.anu.edu.au/~dwp/freeciv/misc/fc_combat_odds.pl
> -- David

I converted it to C, but haven't yet freecivisized it. I wanted to understand
it, so the comments have a full formal proff of it's correctness...
Hopefully I will find the time to merge it into freeciv some time; I have some
other usefull combat calculation code to also include.

You have to link with -lm (libm = math.h lib)

-Thue

--------
printf("%s\n", -1L > 1LU ? "C sucks" : "as expected");