[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative unit packet

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative unit packet
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 18:58:14 +1100 (EST)

Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I plan to add server option enemy_visiblity controlling what is seen
> about unit stacks. Possible values are:

>  Server will sent only those units client is supposed to be able to show.

>  - Should '+' be replaced by count of units? (at least for some
>    enemy_visibility values)

I think that would be good, for those cases where the player is able
to popup a unit list.  Actually, you could do that now - for the
player's own units (and allied stacks where player has a unit, etc).

(Or turn it off with a client option if not desired, but I think one
would get used to it quickly.)

-- David