[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Sail River: Next Step

To: Erik Sigra <freeciv@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Sail River: Next Step
From: Geoffrey Dunn <geoffrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 09:03:02 +1000

These are great ideas for units but some of them should have other tech
requirements built in for them. Canal has already been discussed and I
think Heavy canal is late enough in the game that a mix of requirements
will do but I'll pick on the Barge unit. It's rare that a player would
have trade and not have researched seafaring so from a game play sense
you would see a lot of barges and caravans would become a rarity. You
could balance things out by either limiting the barges movement (2
instead of 3 for trireme) or put in a new tech requirement for it.
Actually now I think about it the first idea seems the better choice.
Hmm... anyway think about it from a game play sense as well as a
historical sense.

                        Geoff

Geoffrey Dunn geoffrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ:8117102
http://www.backmeup.net.au/~gdunn/