[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations classification again

To: SamBC <sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations classification again
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 21:23:04 +0200

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 08:05:38PM +0100, SamBC wrote:
> [...]

btw. Boers ARE natives.

> That was my point - all of this skin colour business is most unsavoury to
> myself. I would suggest that *if* people insist on doing it, that they use
> more technical terms like Caucasian, African, Asian, Indian, oriental,
> aboriginal, etc etc.
[...]
> I would not categorise nations by skin colour, but if anyone insists on
> doing it, use technical terms.

With exception of "caucasian", what also mean something completely else,
I agree to use your favourite "technical" terms.

This is not ``categorise nations by skin colour''.
This categorization goes by ethnic groups and is objective.
If you don't want to use it, don't use it. Simple, isn't it ?

I always wonder why some people try to stop others from doing things that
don't harm them in any way ...