[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations classification again

To: Niels Weber <nath@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations classification again
From: Dmitriy Genzel <udgenzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 16:32:28 -0400 (EDT)

> > I always wonder why some people try to stop others from doing things that
> > don't harm them in any way ...
>
> I just don't understand why anybody wants to use it. Do you think anybody
> wants
> to play a "white men only"-game?

I agree. It perhaps makes sense to group on geographical or
historical proximity, but not on race, since that is more or less
irrelevant to most people in a situation like that. Hopefully one would
want to play against different cultures (which happen to have different
styles), just to avoid boredom.

It might be interesting to play with, say, only former soviet republics,
of which I think there are already 5 (unless I missed something), or
former Yugoslav republics, etc. Or, with participants of WWII, or WWI, or
Napoleonic Wars, etc - but this is more suitable for scenario-type
situation.

Dmitriy