[Freeciv-Dev] Re: fascism patch

To: rdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: fascism patch
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 02:25:25 +0200

On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 06:53:41PM -0400, Reed Meyer wrote:

> I was wondering when some politically-correct person was going to get
> around to saying this.  I suppose you think that playing the "bad guy" in
> a game must mean that that person is evil in real life, right?

No, just an insensitive asshole.

> I suppose
> you also believe that violence in video games is a leading cause of
> violence in youth?**

Might be.  Unrelated.

> I don't have a problem distinguishing reality from fantasy... do you?

I think you do.  Nazi Germany is very much a reality in Europe, largely
a reality of the past of course, but something that is constantly on
our minds.  You can seriously offend many people by treating it like
a game.  Even if you mean nothing by it.

> ** (This has got to be the biggest misconception promulgated by mainstream
>     "scientists" and others in the last decade.  The worst part aboout it
>     is that many people believe this hogwash.)

Oh, come off it.

--
Reinier Post                                             reinpost@xxxxxxxxxx