[Freeciv-Dev] Re: fascism patch

To: Patrick Schmid <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: fascism patch
From: Reed Meyer <rdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 18:53:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Patrick Schmid wrote:

> Thank you. That's the reason why I'm against it. If you think it's fun being
> a NAZI, well, why don't you watch then some videos out of Spielberg's
> archive? Or Schindler's List?

I was wondering when some politically-correct person was going to get
around to saying this.  I suppose you think that playing the "bad guy" in
a game must mean that that person is evil in real life, right?  I suppose
you also believe that violence in video games is a leading cause of
violence in youth?**

I don't have a problem distinguishing reality from fantasy... do you?

---Reed Meyer
   please respond to: rdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

** (This has got to be the biggest misconception promulgated by mainstream
    "scientists" and others in the last decade.  The worst part aboout it
    is that many people believe this hogwash.)