[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Loading question

To: "Daniel and Joanna Hart" <danjohart@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Loading question
From: cyb97 <cyb97@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 23:37:23 +0100

At 29.07.2000 20:43 +0200, you wrote:
Freeciv Team,
I have loaded freeciv for my Windows 98 computer. I can enter as a client and play on my server. I save games, but I cannot restart them. My civclient window will not allow me to type anything, so I cannot type ": -name Dan". It says "1: Could not find home directory (HOME is not set)." When I type " : -f civgamexxxx.sav" the civserver replies "OK. Standard Style set" but I do not think that it is actually loading my saved game. Any suggestions? How do I set my home directory?

Dan

'set home=c:\freeciv' at commandprompt... (or where ever you put it)

Reason I'm CCing to the list is that this is actually the second time I answer this in a week, so
why not include this on the page for win32 freeciv?
That would eliminate at least one error message for the not-so-bright-win32 users...

--
cyb97 / noXtension
heard @ #2600